How to Save File Manually to Google Drive Desktop Version and Mobile Version?
After you get to know the Google Drive application, and you know about one of its benefits is as a file storage, of course knowing about how to save files to Google Drive is a step you shouldn’t miss.
This way that will be explained is how to save manually. Because there is also automatic way.
How to save for laptop and Android users is not the same, because the desktop version and the mobile version are different.
these steps How to Save File Manually to Google Drive Using a Laptop (Desktop Version)
- Click the Google Drive App! Usually if you click the Google Drive application on a laptop, you will log in to the laptop’s default google drive email account. The homepage is the “my drive” folder.
- Select a folder located on “my drive” to start saving a new file!
- Select Storage Folder! Select a folder to target storage. So that later, new files that are uploaded are directly targeted into this folder.
- Click the Symbol + . the function of the + symbol is not only for adding new files, but also for adding new folders.
- Apart from being able to add files from a laptop device, the system also offers the option to add and sync Google Drive with other Google products that are integrated with your laptop, such as: Google spreadsheets, Google Documents, Google Slides, Google Keep and Google Photo. Lots….
- Click One! For example, you click file, to add files from a laptop device.
- Select File from Laptop Device! You can choose any type of file, because in general, Google Drive supports all file formats. Even if the format is not supported to open, you can download other applications that can later be synchronized with your Google Drive Account or device.
- Pay attention to the Uploading Process! After selecting files from the device, you have to be patient if the file you upload has a large enough resolution, especially if the internet network is not good.
- Check Results in the Recent Menu. Why the file aploaded doesn’t appear even though the “uploading” process is complete and successful? Another way to check the results is to click the “Recent” menu. Click that!
that’s How to Save Files Manually to Google Drive Desktop Version. How do I save on for the mobile version? This is How to Save Files Manually to Google Drive Using Android (Mobile Version) :
- Click the Google Drive App. This method will take you to the home page.
- Click the symbol + . This symbol functions to add something new, and will display the file or folder type options as shown below
- Click One. Options: photos, files, folders, Google documents (usually Microsoft Word, or it can be any other file type that you create using the Google Documents application), Google spreadsheets (usually Microsoft Excel files), Google Slides (Microsoft PowerPoint files).Although the options are different, the next action is almost the same, namely: selecting files from the device, specifying the file name, specifying a google drive account (if there are several active emails on your android), specifying the storage folder.
- Although the options are different, the next action is almost the same, namely: selecting files from the device, specifying the file name, specifying a google drive account (if there are several active emails on your android), specifying the storage folder.
- Select File from Device! Usually the advanced options can be from internal or external memory.
- Specify Name, Drive Account & Storage Folder! Specify a new name for the uploaded file, because if a new name is not created by default the file name will be generated with a numbered name which might make it difficult for you to find files on the drive later.
- Specify the drive account! This is for if your android syncs with some gmail email like my spectacular android phone
- Specify a storage folder! Be careful, if you choose the wrong account beforehand, then you will also be confused about determining the folder.
- Click Save!
Next, you also need to know, “How to Share Download Files Stored on Google Drive?“