The way to see the sun is different from the way it looks at the moon, because the original light from the sun can damage the eyes while the moonlight does not. Therefore, to be able to see the sun clearly without damaging our eyes, we need tools as eye protection and light dimmer.
If it’s not important to see it, you shouldn’t have to look at it. It is better.
But if it’s important to see the sun, you’ll need to use special tools. You can use a telescope, binoculars or glasses.
- Glasses that are specifically designed to see the sun, not sunglasses from black.
- Likewise with binoculars, a special tool for magnifying objects and equipped with protection from the dangers of sun radiation.
Tools that are easy to carry everywhere, of course, binoculars and glasses. Period of traveling with a telescope ..
But of course the glasses and binoculars are:
Glasses that are specifically designed to see the sun, not sunglasses from black. Likewise with binoculars, a special tool for magnifying objects and equipped with protection from the dangers of sun radiation.
Now, which one is better between glasses and binoculars? difficult to answer if it is based on an assessment that is not tailored to the needs.
Of course, it is important to adjust to the needs, because the action of seeing the sun has different goals:
- There are those who just want to look only at certain moments, for example: the momentum of the solar eclipse and the momentum of the new year of the solar calendar.
- There are those whose needs are based on that it is a hobby.
- Some are for scientific research purposes.
- Some because it is already a profession .
To just look at the momentum of the eclipse and the new solar year, buying solar eclipse glasses or renting binoculars might be more economical, but for hobbies, research and profession, owning your own binoculars is certainly better.
Price? Glasses under 100 thousand are also a lot. Binoculars mah not bad, in Indonesia the range of 5 million. If you want cheaper, you can look for secondhand goods.
The question of price is not important, the important thing is that our eyes can be protected and not damaged.